Friday 27 January 2012

Armature for The Mechanic

The armature for The Mechanic is slightly odd. The character is not a regular shape and I do not have to show his feet so it took me a lot of thinking to try and work out how I would build him. I hope what I have made will stay intact while animating and will allow me to move the puppet how I want to. Here is what I did...


As I did with The Man's Armature I cut the K and S and wire I needed to the correct sizes. 



The structure for the armature will come from these three washers which the arms and one set of leg wires will be joined to. This will give the puppet a solid foundation that I can build around.



I then began to bulk out this section so that I could attach the K and S for the second set of leg wires.



Here are all the limbs, the beginnings of the bulking out and the feet blocks. I have made the feet/legs out of a heavy wood so that they will be solid.



I drilled holes in the bottom of the leg/feet wood blocks and glued in some more nuts so that I can tie them down the same way as The Man.




I drilled holes in the top of the wood blocks so I could put K and S in so that they would also be replaceable.



I made the second set of leg wires bendy so they they would support the first set as they will move in a different way. Hopefully having the two sets of wires there is less chance of the wire snapping.






No comments:

Post a Comment