Saturday 18 February 2012

Painting Heads and Mouths

I then painted the heads and mouths to give them a skin colour and detail. I decided to spray paint my heads and mouths as it will gave me an even uniform colour to work from.

I first gave the heads and mouths an undercoat of white so that the skin colour would come out well.

I then used a skin colour on the heads.

I thought blocking up the mouths with plasticine (like I did the eyes) would prevent me from having to re-paint the teeth. (However this proved fruitless and I had to re-paint them anyway)

I tried various ways to give The Man's mouths stubble. I thought sticking up bits of painted wire wool would work but it looked to hairy and random.

So I used wire wool to 'dab on' the spray paint to give a stubble effect on the face.



However I felt it was too much and ended up dabing on more skin colour to lessen the colour of the stubble. I then painted the detail of the gums, teeth and lips.







No comments:

Post a Comment