Wednesday 29 February 2012

Making a Little Universe

As I am not God I can not make a universe with mere words. So I had to be creative.

I started by buying a mini globe and painting it...






I painted the earth roughly the same colour of green as the towel I will use for my surface set.



I then painted the blue water on and experimented with more wire wool spray painted white to look life clouds and atmosphere. I stuck them on with tacky wax so that I can move them slightly when I animate the world turning. 

 I put some Tacky Wax at the joins of the globe so that it moves slower which will make it easier to animate.





To make the stars I punched holes in a black sheet of card. I then propped it up with translucent plastic.

  I then shown a light through the back of the card so that only the light from the holes show through.I hope to mask out the globe bracket and base in After Effects.



No comments:

Post a Comment