Tuesday 17 April 2012

Building The Machine Part 3


I then painted the moving parts of the machine that come out of the top. I painted them a copper rusty colour to give them an age and hopefully it will tone in nicely with the colour I want for the machine body.


I first painted the parts in a metallic copper colour and then added brown and orange detail so show corrosion and wear.

To give the paint more of a texture I dabbed it with a piece of foam.


I made the final front panel from foam board and made the trim from funky foam.I then smoothed of the joins with more filler, let it dry and sanded it down.

To make a realistic coin slot I sculpted the curved part from Milliput and stuck it onto some foam board.

I then stuck the front of the coin slot onto the the front. I also made another raised area to look like a 'coin tray and made a fake key hole.

Now for the fun part of painting the body of the machine!


No comments:

Post a Comment