Saturday 5 May 2012

More Shooting Fun On Set

I have continued shooting more shots in the cave set. Here are some pictures from my time in the booth...

It was brilliant being able to remove sections of the cave walls when I needed to shoot different angles.

The fairy lights came in handy to brighten up some shots. I had to make sure they were not in shot and I hope that in the context of the film the viewer will not notice the difference in light from shot to shot.

Here is how I shot the point of view shot of The Mechanic looking into the 'Spare Coins' box.

To shoot the shot of The Man getting up I rigged up another LED light to simulate the blue light from the well behind him. It worked very well.

I also used it for the reaction shots of The Mechanic when The Man is cowering on the ground. The blue light created nice detail in the shots.

I turned the main lights off to see what the blue light looked like on its own. Looks quite spooky.


Here is The Man running from The Mechanic with The Ring in hand. The Man is a great character to get great silhouettes with his thin, tall body.

I find it amusing the faces the the puppets end up making when you don't need to see their faces on shot.

Here is The Mechanic 'in rehearsals' under the animation desk. The Mechanic is a fun character to animate. As he does no have any visible legs you can concentrate on the action in the upper half of his body.

Will the world turn again....?

No comments:

Post a Comment