Thursday 1 March 2012

Making The Centre of The World

How I was to create a semi-sphere set took much thought. I wanted it to be in sections so that I could both move the sections to animated the earth breaking and so that I could take sections away to get the camera in at different angles.

I decieded to use wire and chicken wire for the main structure...


I made a full semi-sphere first with the hole for the man to fall down into. I made sure to overlap the chicken wire so that I could had different sections and added extra wire to them to give them more support.



I then covered the inside of the chicken wire with Mod-Roc. I was going to use papier mache but I then a classmate was using Mod-Roc and I thought tht it would give me my solid walls and texture in one go.


  I then spray painted the walls with an orange paint to make it look hot and fiery.

To make the centre of the world seem older and give the world a history I thought The Mechanic would have studied the world and the stars. So I printed out some old maps of the world and star maps dipped them in some tea to make them look old and then with PVA glue stuck them to the walls of the cave.


No comments:

Post a Comment