Saturday 31 March 2012

Shooting Close-Ups in the cave





I have one week to do more animation so I have to shoot some close-ups inside the cave.


My set up is quite similar to the surface set but with walls. I am glad I made the walls in parts as I can move them around slightly to get the shots I want.

I used both a yellow and red gel filter to give the lighting in the cave an other worldly feel.

I failed to mention when I animated the coin in on the surface how I rigged it. I made three coins and on the back of one I put a small magnet. I then made a wire rig with a magnet on it so that I could rig the coin when it was in mid air. I did the same for the ring box.

The Mechanic needed to bend over to pick up the coin (and later he will have to pick up the ring box) but I realised that he could not bend over far enough to do this. Thankfully both of these shots are close-ups and I was able to rig The Mechanic so I could tilt him over to pick up the coin.
I had planned on making an actual shaft for the cave but the black was was created worked fine and then I attached an LED light with wire. I also but a blue filter on the light to contrast with the warmth of the cave.
This meant that I had a nice light on the ground to signify the well.

For some of the shots I put the camera on the table. You can see here the nice atmosphere that the blue light gave as The Man flees from The Mechanic.


I will now have to finish of The Machine so I can shoot the rest of my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment