Monday 26 March 2012

Finishing The Mechanic

I have now finished The Mechanics cloak. I used the same techniques as making the clothes for The Man.

 I used a velvety type material to make The Mechanic more mystical and odd. I am glad that it does not look too much like a bathrobe and the shine of the cloth will hopefully look cool in the light.

 I stuck small watch cogs onto the hems of cloak to add detail.

 On the back of his cloak I created a design with the cogs to give the Mechanic more history and mystery.

Here is what The Mechanic and The Man look like beside each other.


 On the inside of the cloak I stuck some wire mesh to stiffen up the bottom of the cloak.

 This means I can slightly animate the bottom of the cloak if I need to or want to.

It also means there will be less boiling in the lower half of the cloak.


No comments:

Post a Comment